As a platform provider, the Software Engineering team is critical to our success.
We aren’t just looking for code bashers though, we are looking for SEs with the ability to think creatively, are driven to deliver great solutions through code and will care about our clients as much as our Founders.
There are already 4 SEs on the team and they benefit from technical direction/coaching from our CTO who has run his own software development company (focusing on the latest web applications) for 20 years and has lectures in Web Services at Huddersfield and Leeds University.
Responsibilities and Duties
As part of the Team you will work on new functionality to include in our platform roadmap, help deliver live customer projects and investigate/resolve any bugs that occur. Your workload will be agreed and reviewed as a group in a 2-week sprint, enabling you to work collaboratively and productively.
You will get involved in integrating third party data sources through RESTful APIs and Microservices (automated data gathering) and then integrating that data into contextual views to see information about a business (social media presence/performance, web analysis, financial performance, key directors, core competencies etc..).
Qualifications and Skills
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Some Java experience (or other object-oriented language)
- Exposure to Spring MVC and/or Hibernate
- Interest in Web-Applications, NLP and Data Science
- Database management / MySQL
- Version control software (such as Git)
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Able to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced environment
Ideal Additional Skills
- Use of Amazon Web Services for platform management
- Jenkins, Elastic Search, Hadoop, Spark, IntelliJ, Docker and Maven
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Mockito / JUnit
- Experience of working in an Agile / SCRUM Dev environment
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
We’re based in a lively, modern office building in the heart of Liverpool City Centre close to the Universities. We offer a flexible and fun working environment which includes the following:
– Competitive Salary
– 20 days Holidays per annum rising to 23 following 3 months’ probation period
– All Bank Holidays off
– Birthday “Duvet Days”
– Flexible working hours*
– Optional work from home*
– Private Healthcare including policy benefits such as Cinema Tickets, reduced Gym Membership etc
– Regular Team days / nights out
– Team Player of the Month award
Other benefits will be discussed with the successful applicant.
* Agreed with each team member and documented in the Team Handbook